Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE...AND SOME GREAT MUSIC

February 14, Valentine’s Day, was a busy day for me. Aside from the fact that ‘twas a Monday and that I need to report to work, we have an activity in the office dubbed as “It’s Definitely a February-fic February” where the main feature of the evening was an acoustic mini-concert with Aegis PeopleSupport’s talents and ADLIB - a local band in Cebu . I hosted the event from 7pm until 12midnight and ‘twas fun talking to the singers on stage as well as to the gutsy employees who took the challenge of “impromptu” singing like my team mate Aldz. As expected, love songs wrapped the venue while the audience sang with the band when old familiar songs were played.

With Misty on stage

A trainee from Aspire who braved the stage and sang "You are my song"

My team mate Aldz who ate a lot of air time selecting his song. He ended up singing "It might be you."

ADLIB. My favorite song of the night was "Paano"

The event also became a venue for us to promote our Happy World initiative for the month of February called as “Love Notes.” Love Notes is a special edition Happy World V-Day Stationery sold at Php 5.00 per piece. The proceeds of the activity will be donated to the Cancer Institute Foundation, Inc. Also, what’s superb about the activity is that the company will match whatever amount is raised through the sale of the stationeries. Personally, I was very involved in the promotion of this activity because of the intention of it.  For those who have been following my entries, you guys are aware that my father died due to colon cancer. I know very well how difficult the experience is for the person suffering the ailment and the family supporting the patient. So, kudos to us for this worthwhile initiative.






No comments:

Post a Comment