Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DOUBLE TREAT

This is a very late post for my two friends who celebrated their birthdays. I opted to write this entry anyway because I felt that I owe this to them considering the impact they brought to my life. This is my way of thanking them and letting them know that their birth is a blessing to me, their family and friends whom they touched – one way or another.

IT’S OUR MIKAY’S BIRTHDAY

We had a deal some 14 years ago that if we reached 30 and we’re still single, we’ll pull the strings and marry each other. Fast forward to today, I am currently in a relationship and very happy for that matter while Mikay is single and is having the time of her life travelling the world. I guess the deal is off (thank God!) which means that she will not be able to enjoy my delicious and to die for appeal hahaha

But seriously, I guess, we are still marrying each other – as friends. For me, marriage is not just a legal contract that creates kinship. It is more of an intimate relationship and a commitment to someone that you will be there for each other, for better or worse. So Mikay, am giving you my commitment of friendship, loyalty, generosity and honesty. I commit that I will make you smile when you feel alone; I commit to stand beside you and comfort you when needed; I commit to say the most honest things like you look awful in the camera crying when you and your ex-boyfriend broke up (but the hair and the outfit was smashin’ hot that time)

And lastly, I commit to be the same person you loved 14 years ago and I will love you just the same.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKAY!


Mikay 

Mikay and Migraine Boy

IT’S OUR QUOKAI’S BIRTHDAY

There are a lot of qualities that I admire about this person but the best of them all is her humility and her modesty to say thank you. I’ve noticed that with fake friends, their gratitude level is a complete disappointment. They would either use you or take advantage of what you got. Quokai never fails to make me feel that am doing something good, relevant and special because she never fails to show her gratitude. During my last birthday, she called and candidly thanked me for the “things” I’ve done for her. ‘Twas unexpected and I was truly appreciative of her gesture.

Quokai, it’s my turn now to say thank you for all the things you’ve done for me. Thank you for not doubting my character most especially during the time when people questioned it. Thank you for making the rest of our friends smile…no..laugh most especially during those times when laughter and joy is our only refuge. Thank you for letting me watch Ally Mcbeal every Tuesday back in your house at Nazareth. Thank you for giving me a reason to believe that indeed life is no joke but you have to take time as well to smile and laugh.

Words may fail me but you didn’t. Thank you for the love.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUOKAI!


Quokai

Quokai and Migraine Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment