Thursday, February 3, 2011

MUSE


"Memory is a fool’s game. Had I known it before, none of this would have happened. Did I really love her once? And did she ever love me? The uncertainty of it is what tantalizes my mind; and the elusiveness of such happiness is what haunts me. I realize now that happiness, like a woman, is elusive. She of unspeakable beauty and, alas, of unspoken avowals. And yet, to be honest, I have never known such happiness with another

This is the opening statement of the short film that is circulating in youtube which is gaining rave reviews. “Muse,” directed by Albert Martinez and stars Heart Evangelista was created for Inno Sotto’s 30th anniversary gala.

Personally, I feel that Albert redeemed himself through this short film after his attempt with Rosario. The film captured the ethereal emotions and immaculate beauty of the muse while showcasing Inno's timeless fashion.

The musical scoring is divine. While listening to the orchestration from start to finish, I can’t help but pause and breathe in the poetic melody which brings me to a place where both joy and melancholy collide. Louie Ocampo successfully crafted an exquisitely haunting masterpiece that tells the story of the muse sans the dialogues. Just divine! And, please, don’t get me started with the narration. I can’t find the exact words to describe the beauty of it. Read this:

"Memories of her all arouse in me a fleeting intensity. Time compressed as it were…then released in a thunderclap. Perhaps, had I not written her so earnestly of my feelings, I would not be dispossessed of them now. Men are so careless that way. They live for the moment. But a woman nurtures the possibilities residing in a moment, the promises latent in a day, the measure of life always in her grasp."

Definitely, “Muse” is a cinematic expression of beauty, class and style.

Post script:

While for Heart? Heart is The Muse. Period.



No comments:

Post a Comment