Friday, February 25, 2011

THANK YOU, TEACHERS!


Early this evening I was able to view a video posted in my friend’s FB wall and it read “The Teacher.” The video spoke about the gravity of the teacher’s influence over its students. I realized, that sometimes, we can never tell what type of impact we may make on another’s life by our actions or lack of action. While I was watching the video, I could not help but smile as I reminisce the great days when I was entering from classroom to classroom to deliver my lessons. It was great alright and I could not trade the experience for the world.

Let me use this chance to give my full salute, gratitude, and most of all admiration to all the teachers I have worked with. I have spent nearly six years with you and those moments have been the best.

Teacher Janith, you are the most talented, creative, diverse, and daring PE teacher I have ever encountered. I will be forever in awe with your talent. Your patience, personality, and understanding lights up the room and motivates the people around you to do the same. You played a huge role in the lives of your students. They are what they are now because you left an impact to them. I personally thanked you for the friendship. Thank you for accepting me despite my imperfections. I am forever grateful to you.

Teacher Piolen, there was a time in our lives that we clashed but, look at us now. We have never been this close. I miss your enthusiasm with life. I miss your note worthy fashion sense, your laugh, your obsession with high heels just to gain a few inches, your burluloys like your earrings, necklace, and bracelets, and most of all the way you wear your hair...from black to burgundy...from short to very short. I also miss the way you dance. Nobody has ever beaten you when it comes to dancing. You just rock on stage. Not to mention, your singing prowess. When all is said and done, I just want to tell you Tser Pio that I extremely miss you. You take care always.

Teacher Odessa, more than being my friend, you are like a sister to me (older sister). You have been so honest with your opinions most especially in the things that I do. You complement the good things I’ve achieved without sounding like you are patronizing. Most of all, there was never a time that I felt like an outsider every time we see each other. You remained to be the same Ulay I know – the Ulay who is sweet, thoughtful, lighthearted and full of fun. I’m beginning to believe that you are my female version. Don’t worry, when you grow old and still without a partner, I will find time to date you. That’s a promise!

Teacher Leticia, I learned a lot from you. You're an example of a teacher who knows what she is doing. Your knowledge in your subject matter is admirable and it shows with how you live your life. Your students look up to you and I believe they want to be like you...bubbly, talented, straight forward, intelligent and most of all generous, loving, and understanding. You don't judge people. You know yourself very well which is why you are confident but still humble. I truly admire you Tser L.

Teacher Flor, you have been my second mother. You protected me and took me under your wings. I never had the opportunity to thank you. You have been teaching for so many years already and I can’t just imagine the number of lives you touched. Those lives, I believe, were changed because of your love and commitment. Tser, I miss you and the times we eat lunch together; those times that we eat barbeque with halo-halo. I miss how you tease me when I start to sing in my office adjacent to yours. I miss the times when you give me one peso because I don't have any fare for the sikad driver. With that, I am so thankful. Words are not enough.

And to the mentor who changed me inside out. The mentor who took me in Angelicum and believed that I can be a teacher. The mentor who, despite of my being amateur was so patient and taught me what she knows in all aspects. Teacher Genie, you are the best. With all honesty, I am who I am now because you inspired me to be the best of what I can be. It was you who gambled and took chances for me. When I was just starting, it was you who placed a path for me. When I need consoling you were there to keep me company. Tser Gen, please continue to be a light and salt. I am so thankful of what you’ve done to all of us and I will be forever proud that once in my life it was you who taught me the joys of teaching.

To Teacher Cecille – my beloved Ginang, Sir Ryan, Tser Annie, Tser Jasmine, Tser Janjelene, Tser Merelle, Ma’am Arlina and to all the teachers I failed to mention - THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment