Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE


I am in a relationship for nearly four years now and I have been blessed with a loving, generous, patient, candid and honest partner. But just like any other relationship, ours is not perfect. Sometimes we disagree and fight but we endeavor to solve our differences in a manner that is responsive, with the end view of reconciling without hurting each other’s feelings. When we talk, we don’t shout at each other nor call each other names. We don’t drag in the history of our families nor our pasts. We don’t blame each other for the ill-situations we are in instead, both of us tries to find a more helpful course of action in order to resolve it. In situations where we need to come up with a decision, we do it together and in the process, respect each other’s views and judgments. Most of all, we are conscientious and we despise the thought of taking advantage of our family and friend’s generosity.


If there is one thing that I appreciate about my partner it’s the fact that my partner motivates me to become a better person. There are moments when I doubt myself and the things that I’m capable of doing but my partner reassures that am more than smart and talented to be worrying over the things that I should not even be worrying about in the first place. I appreciate the fact that we inspire each other to excel in the fields that we are in.

You see, we don’t tolerate each other’s vices. We understand that if we indulge in each other’s nasty habits, we will end up destroying ourselves. We abhor activities such as parasitism, drugs, deception and/or pretense and the like.

In hindsight, I am happy, proud and blessed to be with this person whose mere presence makes me feel comforted. I want to tell you again and again that you are my rock; that you are my happy thought.

*Thank you for the wonderful partnership; for the times that you made me smile and for the laughter you caused with your hilarious dance moves. Thank you for putting me to sleep when my migraine attacks. Thank you for constantly reminding me that I am special and loved.

As the song goes, “When God made you, He must have been thinking of me.”

Happy Valentine’s Day!




*Taken from my previous post. Click here to read "I HAVE REASONS TO CELEBRATE"

No comments:

Post a Comment