Thursday, February 17, 2011

SAYING GOODBYE




You know what, just when we are getting relaxed, life will throw something at us which challenges that comfort. I guess that is the irony of life. And, I guess this is one of life’s greatest mysteries that we can’t fathom. Cliché as it may sound, I guess what we can only do is embrace whatever life will throw at us and hope, pray… and pray harder that in every heartbreak, we will end up a better person or else, we will end up more confused and missing the whole point.

Last Valentine’s Day, I was heartbroken upon knowing that my closest friend ended her relationship with her partner. I got so sad that I was not able to hold my tears just listening to her recount how the break-up happened. I suppose ending a relationship is never easy. It’s not like a walk in the park. Some five months ago, my friend took the huge leap of faith and decided to give love a chance and now, it was over. Breaking up with someone you dear most, I guess, can be one of the most daunting emotional struggles we can go through. That is why, we have to work very hard to understand ourselves better why such things happen or else, (yes you got it right)…we will end up more confused and missing the whole point. I guess my friend just clearly understood her needs in the relationship that is why she ended it. I guess she better understood that we can’t make people change instead, we can only change ourselves.

Sometimes, we equate the ending of a relationship with failure. Well, I guess it depends. Personally, I believe that our standpoints vary depending on our experiences and our “life episodes.” Bottom line is, life continues. Like what my favorite author clearly puts, “every inhale we take is a birth and each exhale is the death of that breath; and life continues.”

Yes…life definitely continues.

P.S.

Teacher, I guess you still remember that I dedicated my first entry to you in time of your monthsary. I said something in that article which I would like to share again: "If there is a lesson I learned from this, it is that sometimes you just have to take the risk and enjoy every moment of happiness. Yeah sure, you might say that it's reckless to get into something that you are not assured of but, I guess you will not be able to taste happiness unless you jump in the bandwagon."

Teacher, I can't say that I agree or not with your decision. It's a decision you have to make and I respect that. I just would like to let you know that when and if the road gets bumpy, you have a friend in me.

2 comments:

  1. My eyes really misted when I was listening to her story that night. While my love story has just started, hers already ended. It's sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete