Friday, November 19, 2010

AM A SUPER PROUD BROTHER

I am a super proud brother!

My sister, Judith S. Eballe, whom I love so much, is now officially a Law Enforcer after passing their final training. Am happy about this news because I know very well how difficult the training was. You see, after my sister passed the Law Enforcement Licensure Exam, she taught first at Liceo de Cagayan University before she applied in the Philippine National Police. Thankfully, she got accepted in the PNP and has to go through a lot of rigorous, rough and physical screenings and trainings. Am just relieved and happy that it is now over. Her batch “graduated” last November 15 and they are the newest addition to the PNP.


Just to share with you guys, some few years ago, my family were not sure about my sister’s decision to study Law Enforcement due to several factors like it's a male dominated profession, or it's risky, or due to its stained reputation in the community. However, my sister did not second guess her choice although she had her share of jumping from one course to another.

Before she finally decided to study Law Enforcement, she was a student of Computer Science. However, she did not found her niche in that course. My mother wanted her to study Nursing however, she was never interested in that course. It was in Law Enforcement that she found her place where all of her ideals were fused into a single capsule of thoughts, theories, and practices. It was in this course where she was challenged to perform her best.

My sister, like me (ahemm) is an achiever. When she was still in school, she set realistic goals and worked hard on it. Come graduation day, my sister was awarded as the Outstanding Intern of the Year for the pioneering batch - an all male batch.

In her on-the-spot, written interview, she was asked to describe herself. Am pasting the full text of her answer so I can just brag to everybody how smart my sister is:

            “One thing that I am proud of myself is that I am a leader. I was able to prove it during my college days when I served as a student body officer in our department. I am enthusiastic to work and dedicated to tasks assigned to me. I "walk the talk" and I show it through the actions and decisions I make. I practice humility by accepting that I do not know everything but works toward educating myself and the other people around me. Also, I am into sports like basketball, taekwondo, volleyball and track and field thus, I am very good team player and I value teamwork. Indulging myself with sports makes me appreciate the importance of rules and regulations, of victories and losses. Lastly, I am an achiever both in work and studies thus, I work and pray hard to achieve my goals.

Langga, I told you this and let me say this again: “Liwat ka nako. I am so proud of you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment