Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I HAVE REASONS TO CELEBRATE


Amid the problems am dealing with right now (if you have been following my blog am pretty sure you know what am talking about), I still have a number of reasons to celebrate.  

First…

Yesterday was the first monthsary of thinkaboutmigraine. Wooot! Yes, my dear readers, my blog site is 30 days old. Well, I suppose that’s an accomplishment. Thirty days ago, I decided to go back to blogging despite my crazy schedule and some hesitations. To be candid about things, am not really sure about what to expect after I convinced myself to give blogging another chance. You see, I have this cardinal rule about writing and that is, “When writing, write the way you talk.”  

Sadly, am a total contradiction of my rule. The folks who personally know me can attest that am not really a good conversationalist. Modesty aside (clears throat), I am a very convincing speaker; I facilitate meetings effectively; I deliver winning extempo and impromptu speeches but, I totally suck in casual conversations.  I mean, I don’t usually engage in a chat most especially if the crowd is unfamiliar and because of that, people see me as someone who is aloof, indifferent and unfriendly. But really, am not (big, cute grin).I guess am just misunderstood, most of the time (bigger, cuter grin).

But seriously, thinkaboutmigraine has become a venue for me to actually communicate and express my thoughts. To be open. Vulnerable. Exposed (hahaha).

Sure, sometimes I keep mum in casual conversations but, I share my few cents when needed or even at times when unsolicited. I communicate my thoughts when I need to put things into perspective.

So, to thinkaboutmigraine, Happy FirstMonthsary!

Second…

Love is very vague until and unless someone or something shows it to you. In my case, it’s someone. Three years and seven months ago, both of us decided to give ourselves a chance again – to be hurt, to trust and to give without counting the cost.

So now, all I have are words of thanks. Thank you for the patience, understanding and tolerance. Thank you for making me smile; for making me laugh with your hilarious dance moves. Thank you for always putting me to sleep if I have my migraine attacks. Thank you for constantly reminding me that am special and loved. And most of all, thank you for being my rock.

“Happiness is eating pancakes early in the morning with hot coffee in front of the person you dear eating the same food as yours

“Happiness is a text message from the person you dear telling you McDonald’s breakfast is coming

“Happiness is...”

I love you and Happy Monthsary!


4 comments:

  1. at in lab sya! ha ha ha. good that you started your blog na! o follow my blog as well ha? tapos leave a lot of comments he he he will read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kbw ko nganu spongebob og patrick! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cacho: Yeah, you love and get hurt and love again. It's a cycle. Do you agree? Ikaw, in love too? Hehehe. Hmmm I have my old blog but decided not to migrate it here. Yup, I'll follow your blog too.

    @Silentlyloud: Shhhh 11x!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy monthsary to both of you langga... keep posting and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete