Friday, October 8, 2010

BECAUSE OF SITTI


I paused for a while amid the hills of paper works that I need to accomplish when the song of Sitti was played (you see, am a global learner so I can’t function if am not motivated by music.) I don’t know if ‘twas sheer coincidence or nature just have its way of telling us our lessons the weirdest way because Sitti’s song sinked in to my emotionally disturbed heart (hehehe) and yeah, as expected of me, I wallowed inside my office.

The lines goes like (and I bet everybody is familiar with this):


Di kita pipilitin
Sundin mo pang iyong damdamin
Hayaan nalang tumibok ang puso mo
Para sa akin…

and the song continued…

Kung ako ay papalarin
Na ako'y iyong mahal na rin
Pangakong ikaw lang ang iibigin
Magpakailanman

Funny…I told myself, because it exactly mirrored how I view things lately. You see, you can never force people to reciprocate your feelings no matter how you try. You just have to be contented that although you can’t elevate friendship to something that is romantic, you just have to value the presence and the memories of the person. I am happy to look in hindsight, that the times we’ve spent are worth it and never dull. I learned to trust, listen, speak out, and be patient. Sometimes, its not ill to be hopeful…to be hopeful that someday, the person you dear will feel the same way.

To you, Bon Voyage!

---

Just reposting this entry I wrote last March 1, 2007. I can still remember very well when I wrote this entry with a heavy heart. But again, nature has the most absurd way of telling us our lessons because after posting this, I got my answer. And yes, a happy one!


No comments:

Post a Comment