Monday, October 4, 2010

HAPPY WORLD TEACHER'S DAY


My goal is to give my students knowledge and get them informed about the current trends in the world. In each discussion, at whatever level, I mark my success by the extent to which I can imagine myself as having vanished into thin air at the end, leaving each student fully able to carry on teaching him/herself. What I want is to show to my students that they have the strength to cope with all the truth they perceive that, if their thinking is not neat or does not square with what they want to think (or think they should think), they have the strength to admit it. I want them to see that the truth is enough. I want them, for instance, to be capable of living. I want to show to my students that they are strong enough to deal with complexity and paradox without denying its existence by attempting to argue away inconvenient truths.

Teachers are role models for their students. I try to present myself to them as someone who enjoys doing what he's doing, who loves learning, who loves teaching, who is compassionate, and who listens.

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY!

---

I wrote this article four years ago when I was still teaching at Angelicum Learning Centre. Looking back, I could firmly say, that it was the best days of my life.

Here's to my fellow teachers! Cheers!

HAPPY WORLD TEACHER'S DAY!



No comments:

Post a Comment