Thursday, October 14, 2010

I NEED TO BE A DIFFERENT PERSON

While am writing this, my mind is literally in a blur. I mean, am thinking about the words that am going to use in this entry while thinking about the deliverables that I need to accomplish in the office. Yes, you’re right. Am writing this blog while am in the office trying to finish all my tasks. I guess this is how I cope with pressure and stress. Catharsis as my friends put it. And yes, at this point, am not scared and embarrassed to admit that am nervous and anxious. After all, am still human right?

I don’t know if I should be excited. I guess I share the same feeling with my team mates Aldz and Demi, or my team mates in Manila. You see, we have a number of projects this Q4 and we are just overwhelmed by it. As a Team Lead, I need to focus. I need to concentrate. I need to be a different person. Hmmm that sounds profound J J J I NEED TO BE A DIFFERENT PERSON! There. I repeated it. Sometimes, I can be so dramatic.

I should refrain from being panicky.

I should not be pikon because am pretty sure people will take advantage of it.

I need to be less sensitive. Less irritable. Touchy. Short-tempered.

I must master the art of saying “NO!”

I have to re-learn reaction-formation.

I have to prepare myself for sleepless nights. Sleepless days.

Cliche as it may sound, I need to always remember that what other people think about me is none of my business.

At this point, am just thankful because I have a team that rocks! Tried and tested. Remember Summer Pilipnas, Aldz and Dems? So, here we go again. Buckle up guys. MARLBORO BLACK LANG ANG KATAPAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment